Why not same default look and feel across platforms?

From: vais <vsalik....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 11:19:21 -0800 (PST)

The GTK theme used on OS X is Clearlooks, if I am not mistaken. It is
beautiful. The theme used on Win32 is, pardon my French, butt-ugly
(just look at the buttons in the Find panel - ughh, shudder :).

Why not standardize on Clearlooks - it is a much more attractive
default. I think "native" look and feel is grossly overrated, but
maybe it's just me.

You don't have to be stuck with that though. To change the theme to
match the OS X screenshots (seen here http://caladbolg.net/textadept):

1. go to http://gtk-win.sourceforge.net/home/index.php/en/Downloads
and download and install gtk2-themes-2008-10-22-ash.exe

2. go to All Programs -> GTK2Runtime -> Change GTK2 Appearance

3. on the Gtk2 Theme Selector window that opens, click the "Show
preview" button

4. select "Use theme default font" option

5. play with all the themes in the "Theme" list box for an hour, then