Maximize/Restore window on OS X (aka Zoom)

From: vais <vsalik....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 18:03:43 -0800 (PST)

On OS X, there is usually a menu item with an Apple+M keyboard
shortcut for each application that minimizes the window. I used System
Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse -> Keyboard Shortcuts to set up an
Application Keyboard Shortcut for All Applications called Zoom and
mapped to Shift+Apple+M. This works for all my apps except for
textadept (and Firefox).

So, is there any way around this that you know of? Or perhaps a way to
simulate window maximize and restore in Lua?

Any ideas would be appreciated,