Re: Single instance module and multithreading

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 18:10:07 -0800 (PST)

Benjamin,

>Question to
>Mitchell: Do you plan to add multithreading support in future?

I do not, simply because I haven't the slightest clue how to. I know
Lua doesn't use multi-threading because it is not cross-platform and
does not always behave as expected. I'm inclined to believe the same.

> It is up to Mitchell though to decide if this is
> going to make it into textadept, cause I would not even know where to
> start :) I hope he does!

If I did I would have no problems adding this. Unfortunately I do not
know at this time.

Earlier I was thinking it could be done through WinAPI's SendMessageA,
but I don't know how. (MSDN is a monster and I am no Windows
programmer.) Ideally we would use LuaSocket, but the blocking is a
problem and I know of no way around it.