Re: Single instance module and multithreading

From: helgoboss <benjamin.k....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 03:13:52 -0800 (PST)

Hello Vyacheslav,

the problem with LuaLanes is that the threads don't share global data.
I see no way how to control Textadept from a second thread if it can't
access the "textadept" table. LuaLanes uses copying to share data
between threads, but copying the "textadept" table makes no sense.
I've also looked into LuaThread which seems to be the only threading
approach that allows sharing of global data, but it needs a modified
lua.dll and I couldn't get it to work in Lua 5.1.

Regards
Benjamin