Re: Single instance module and multithreading

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 13:04:15 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

> Maybe it is better to use some 3rd party library instead of (re)implementing
> threading support from scratch?
> LuaLanes <http://luaforge.net/projects/lanes/> looks quite interesting: it
> supports three major platforms and utilizes message-passing abstraction,
> which in many cases makes multithreaded development easier.

LuaLanes looks good. I've been playing around with it, but still
cannot get something to work yet. The idea I have is to have a socket
listening to a port inside a lane, and when it receives something,
calls a function defined outside the lane, passing the string
parameter that should be executed as Lua code (e.g. 'textadept.io.open
("foo")'). I'm still not sure if this is possible as the Lanes
documentation is cryptic.