Re: Encodings

From: vais <vsalik....at.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:28:19 -0800 (PST)

Mitchell, this is just a proof of concept. I imagine you would call it
from the open_helper function, right after you check to see whether
the text is binary (contains null char) and set the buffer's encoding
accordingly.

I think that at least reading the BOM is a good start and gets us
parity with Scite. It is the good ole 80/20 rule, right - reading the
BOM gets results with minimal effort. Heuristical analysis of text to
determine encoding is a whole different beast that I personally have
no interest in - I never had any problems with Scite's encoding
detection, and if TA does the same, I am happy.

Vais