Re: Encodings

From: vais <vsalik....at.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 16:46:18 -0700 (PDT)

It is more than sufficient for my needs, Mitchell, but then again my
needs never included anything other than UTF-8 :) Perhaps Alex has an
opinion on this?

I have tested all available encodings - they seem to work (whatever
that means), and the status bar reflects the encoding with which the
file was saved last. However, just so there is no confusion: MacRoman
and the ISO-8859-1 are recognized as UTF8 in the status bar. Is this a
bug, or there is not supposed to be recognition for there? My
understanding is that using iconv you can save into potentially any of
the encodings provided by iconv, but that does not mean these
encodings will be automatically recognized as such when opening the
file. Is my understanding correct?

Anywho... my baseline are SciTE and Textmate, and TA seems to be on
par with these two now. I could not ask for anything more.

Thanks much for putting in all this work to support encoding in TA,
Mitchell (the hardest kind of work - invisible to the naked eye and
usually taken for granted),

Vais