Re: Bugs

From: vais <vsalik....at.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 17:01:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hello, Rob,

1. This is kinda-sorta documented in the manual "Key Commands"
section, but I agree it is actually misleading: it tells you that "In
addition to dynamic key commands, static ones exist for various
Textadept UI elements that cannot be changed without recompiling
Textadept." The misleading part is "in addition" - the reality is that
none of the dynamic key commands are supposed to work in any of the UI
elements other than buffer views. This is by design, and probably a
good thing. There was some discussion about forwarding key events to
the dynamic key commands code, but it would be a confusing mess - my
vote is to keep it as is and simply document the behavior more
explicitly.

2. I get the same E5 on my mac as well. It may have something to do
with the Alt/Option key hacks Mitchell had to do in order to work
around some GTK-OSX key handling issues, but he can explain this
better perhaps. I ruled out any character rendering issues by creating
this character in another application and copying it over into a
buffer - that works.

Thanks,

Vais