Re: Key Command Reference?

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 17:31:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi James,

> I have a few questions/comments based on using the editor for a short
> period of time:
> 1. Is there a built-in way to list key combinations associated with
> menu commands along with the menu commands?

You could modify core/locale.lua for menu items and add key shortcuts,
but there is no automated way to do this. I thought about adding menu
accelerators, but since key commands are dynamic (and chained), that
would not work well at all.

> 2. Is there a way to generate a quick-reference for commands defined?

I'm not sure what you mean by commands. Every Lua function is
documented in LuaDoc, but 'core/ext/menu.lua's 'actions' table uses
pretty much every module-level function available; that might be a
good place to look.

Hopefully that helps,