Re: Key Command Reference?

From: James Snyder <jbsny....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 22:52:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 22, 7:31 pm, mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> > I have a few questions/comments based on using the editor for a short
> > period of time:
> > 1. Is there a built-in way to list key combinations associated with
> > menu commands along with the menu commands?
>
> You could modify core/locale.lua for menu items and add key shortcuts,
> but there is no automated way to do this. I thought about adding menu
> accelerators, but since key commands are dynamic (and chained), that
> would not work well at all.

OK, this is what I figured. Regarding the latter part, presumably
since the menus and the bindings are dynamic it should be possible to
to update the binding listings in the menus if necessary? Regarding
chaining, I'm not suggesting that they'd really need to be registered
as accelerators through the GTK menuing system, I'm considering them
more as a reference.

> > 2. Is there a way to generate a quick-reference for commands defined?
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by commands. Every Lua function is
> documented in LuaDoc, but 'core/ext/menu.lua's 'actions' table uses
> pretty much every module-level function available; that might be a
> good place to look.

Sorry, I wasn't clear, this was an extension of the first question, I
meant key commands when I just said commands.

Thanks for the answers :-)