Re: Key Command Reference?

From: James Snyder <jbsny....at.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 08:16:14 -0700 (PDT)

I had found key_commands.lua and had gotten the basic key commands.
Thanks for the tip on how those definitions translate.

There is the reason, though, aside from personal programming that
makes this editor interesting, and that is as a possible IDE for an
embedded Lua platform I've recently been contributing to:
http://www.eluaproject.net/ Essentially the project runs full Lua on
embedded microcontrollers allowing the user to have access to a live
interpreter while working with the serial, analog-to-digital, general
purpose IO, etc.. peripherals on the device.
(a new release is coming out shortly, and the docs will be much more
complete at that stage)

The original author has been thinking about using SciTE as the basis
for an IDE, but while looking around I found Textadept, which is even
more Lua-friendly since much of it is written in Lua. Why I'm
mentioning the key bindings thing is that it would be nice to have the
editor be not only power-user friendly, but also friendly to more
novice users or ones just familiar with figuring out key bindings
through menus. Since it is all controlled by lua, it seems like all of
this could be customized fairly easily.

I don't know what the project goals are for Textadept, and so I don't
presume to know what the developers do or don't want the editor to
behave like. It does, however, seem like it would be uniquely
friendly for talking to and working with a device that is running Lua
exclusively.

Meanwhile, I'm also giving it a go for a bit as a primary editor :-)

Thanks for the help and comments.

-jsnyder