Help on compiling for Ubuntu 8.10 AMD64

From: lawrie <lawr....at.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 03:44:20 -0700 (PDT)

This looks like a really interesting project, so I thought I'd try and
compile/install on Ubuntu 8.10 (AMD64). I *think* I followed the
dependencies on homepage for Linux install, but when I make, I'm
getting the following errors:

In file included from textadept.c:3:
textadept.h:12:23: error: Scintilla.h: No such file or directory
textadept.h:13:22: error: SciLexer.h: No such file or directory
textadept.h:14:29: error: ScintillaWidget.h: No such file or directory

I've got Scite installed, but cannot find a Scintilla package on any
of the Ubuntu repositories. I found Scintilla as a download from the
scintilla.org site, but it's not obvious from their package whether
these headers will actually be installed in the /usr/include
directories.

So, am I missing a dependency ? Do I need to compile and install
scintilla separately ?

Thanks in anticipation !!