Re: Textadept 1.6

From: morchel <morc....at.hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 07:51:48 -0700 (PDT)

Yesterday I installed the linux version (Ubuntu 8.10) and also
was unable to open dialogs. A symlink from libgtk-x11-2__.so.__
to libgtk-x11-2__.so made it work.

Some things I noticed:

 - The linux version seems to be much faster than the windows
   version (startup-time and general behavior).

 - The lexer list in the menu is in an alphabetically order in the
   windows version, but not in the linux version.

 - after doing some search and replace 'Replace All' didn't work
   anymore, than textadept stopped responding (linux). I had
   to kill it.

 - Using tabs to indent (not to insert snippets) suddenly stopped
   working. I do not remember the error message. The next time I
   reproduce the error I will post the message.

 - regardless of all that I really like textadept. I spent some time
   yesterday playing with the key-commands and the snippets -
   that's true power. I was looking for an editor which I could use
   with both, windows and linux, and I'm impressed by textadept.
   Could be more stable though. I also like the dark theme :-).

Regards Martin

P.S.: I'm not Windows XP. I just use it sometimes ;-)
P.P.S.: I still have to drag and drop file under windows, I can't use
the open dialog, textadept just crashes without error message.