Re: More intelligent quote insertion

From: Vais Salikhov <vsalik....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 00:00:47 -0400

Justin,

There is a char_added handler in modules/textadept/editing.lua that
implements the functionality you are looking to enhance. More
intelligent quote insertion would be nice ; )

You may also want to delete the automatically added matching character
if the character that triggered it's insertion is deleted, i.e. the
character was typed by mistake.

Another enhancement a-la Textmate would be to implement skipping over
the inserted character if it is typed in explicitly instead of ending
up with two quotes - one automatically inserted and another manually
inserted. Good luck, happy hacking!

Vais