Re: Prevent "Untitled" buffer; Reorder buffers; Smart indentation

From: Andy Lima <andysky....at.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 22:46:07 +0100

Hi Mitchell,

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 10:36 PM, mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > - How can I prevent the "Untitled" buffer from always showing up on
> > startup?
>
> Scintilla automatically opens a buffer on startup, so I have not
> bothered to add the necessary code on startup to remove it if, for
> example, a session is opened. Feel free to submit a patch.

Well, the way I use my main editor is like this: a have a bunch of files I
always keep open and then I add/remove new ones (in tabs) to work on them.
So, I guess that if I set up a session I can have this? (Without Untitled
showing up?) But, is the session automatically saved on exit? And can I
bring it up with command-line parameters? "textadept --help" and "textadept
-h" don't work for getting help on this.

> > - Any way to reorder the buffers in the sidebar buffer list? (Without
> > having to exit and edit .ta_session.)
>
> I considered this a while ago, but the added complexity is not worth
> it.

Ok. No biggie.

> > - Is there any way to have smart indentation? Such as, <Enter> after
> > "{" creating a new line and indenting it +1 level?
>
> You can do so in a 'char_added' handler. There is an existing one in
> 'modules/textadept/editing.lua' that performs auto-indentation to keep
> the current indent level that you can refer to.

Ah, so Enter will also trigger the 'char_added' handler? Ok. Will look into
this..