Re: different snippets when changing lexer?

From: morchel <morc....at.hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 07:32:27 -0700 (PDT)

> > Would it be possible to load modules based on file extensions per
> > default and switch to an other one when changing the lexer?
>
> By creating a 'lexer_changed' event this could be done I think; you
> might have to disable the 'buffer_switch' event for loading the
> appropriate module as I'm not sure which would be run last.

I'm not really into lua and I didn't understand how to create an event
(who triggers it when?)..needs some time.

I kind of solved my issue by adding some code to set_lexer_language()
in menu.lua:
  if lexer ~= 'container' then
    local ret, err = pcall(require, lexer)
    if ret then
      _m[lexer].set_buffer_properties()
    elseif not ret and not err:find("^module '"..lexer.."' not
found:") then
      textadept.events.error(err)
    end
  end

Not perfect, as you mentioned I would need to modify switch_buffer,
but
good enough to hack ant-scripts using snippets.

Regards, Martin