Re: Where can I found the needed images?

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 04:34:53 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I think I took them from gEdit (http://projects.gnome.org/gedit/).

> I also have a suggestion:
> in core/ext/pm-lua there is a default .rc file to cut and copy in your gtkrc.
> The file start with:
> pixmap_path "/usr/share/icons/Tango/:/home/mitchell/.icons/prog/"
>
> I know that this is just an example, but if you change
> "/home/micthell/.icons/prg"
> to "/usr/share/textadept/core/images" (or something similar) than the
> file is "ready
> to use" and the user just need to place icons in the right dir.

GTK-wise, ta's defaults are adequate for most users so if they go to
the trouble of creating or adding to a gtkrc, setting an appropriate
path is not a large inconvenience. As you said, it's an example :)

> And also: Why not to include the icons in the distributions packages?

Mainly to reduce package size. I know icons don't take up much space,
but it's the principle! That and I don't use them anymore; it's a
leftover example from early ta development.

Take care,