textadept 2.0 ideas/suggestions

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 04:21:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

The major thing I have planned for textadept 2.0 is a complete revamp
of the way internal events are handled. For example when pressing
'find next', instead of calling 'textadept.find.find()', a 'find'
event will be emitted for handling. Also, the command entry could be
re-written (with Lua code) to behave like a command line with tab-
completion of filenames and directories.

I also plan on hooking in 'keypress' events for at least the find and
command entries so, among other things, incremental search can be
implemented (which I'm sorry I overlooked for some 6 months!).

Since textadept has been around for over a year and you all have been
able to play with it for some time, are there any other features I
should consider?

Thanks,