Re: textadept 2.0 ideas/suggestions

From: Robert <robert.jay.go....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 09:22:17 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Mitchell,

thanks for the great work, as a Lua fan I was thrilled to find
Textadept.

Anyways I use Windows and Solaris at work, and Mac at home, so my
number one request would be portability (as in the ability to run
Textadept off a usb-drive).

1) it would be nice if .ta_session was located within the same folder
as textadept (so it can be kept on a usb-drive and shared among OSes),
instead of keeping it in HOME or the Windows equivalent.

2) it would be even nicer if the folders were re-arranged so binaries
were all in one spot and scripts in another, so I could keep a folder
structure like:

ta/
   scripts/
      core...
   bin/
      mac/
      sol/
      win/

this way I could share my customized scripts among OSes, keeping them
on my usb-drive

Anyways keep up the great work!