Re: textadept on mac: cannot switching input source

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 06:20:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

> TextAdept receives cmd+space keypress event.

So if you go into core/ext/keys.lua and uncomment the 'print'
statement in the 'keypress' function and press cmd+space, the code is
printed? If not, ta is not receiving the event.

> I am not familiar with Mac OS X event model, but I think that keypress
> triggers global event shortcut only when it was not consumed
> "locally". So my hypothesis is that cmd+space (and other shortcuts)
> are consumed somewhere inside TextAdept/Scintilla or GTK-OSX Framework
> itself.

I don't see why GTK-OSX would consume this. My only explanation would
be the window manager. (e.g. to run spotlight or something)