Re: Suggestions & Bug?

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 20:20:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

> Also it would be great if I could stretch the the command entry
> window, like any other view, its kind of annoying it's limited to one
> line, especially when trying to do something even halfway complicated.

Such as what? The command entry is intended for simple commands; multi-
line commands should probably be tied to a key command. I never use
menus, so commands like "buffer:set_lexer('lua')" are something I
commonly use for testing purposes.

> Finally when starting a find/replace it would be nice that instead of
> having an empty text-entry by default, that the currently selected
> text would be automatically placed in it. Many other editors have this
> feature.

I may consider this, though more often then not I find it a nuisance.

> Also many editors have the "F3" key mapped to "findnext",
> that might be a nice thing to include in the default distribution too,
> at least it would lower the entry barrier to lots of casual users.

I have found Find Next to be different among various editors. (F3, Ctrl
+G, etc.) I think using the Alt+N mnemonic is more useful anyway.
Thoughts anyone?

> Bug?:
> Also something that might or might not be a bug, not sure, but I'm
> having trouble with whitespaces. I usually like to view whitespace
> while I work (makefiles,python,etc), yet each time I open TA it resets
> to not seeing whitespaces.

This is not saved in a session. You can add an event handler for
'buffer_new' and put 'buffer.view_ws = true' in it.

> Also I have had no luck trying to set a
> style for whitespaces, they are always getting the style of their
> parent block. Not sure how to give them a uniform style (for example,
> right now I'm trying to set them all to a light grey color but can't),
> or even if that is possible. Yet from reading the documentation it
> seems to be possible and even trivial, so I'm guessing it's a bug.

This is a bug with how the 'whitespace' token style was handled. It
will be fixed in 2.0.