Re: Key bindings

From: Rob <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 09:37:16 -0800 (PST)

> This problem is certainly worth looking into.

I have sent Mitchell some proposals to change this, that he will look
into, when he has the time.
This might require redefining the keyboard short cuts as described
above. So maybe that's a good time to look at the default short cuts
(and remove some of the ToDos in key_commands.lua). I personally would
like to have unified short cuts for all platforms, though I see the
problem of conforming to all these different standards... But at the
moment there are some that aren't "right", for example ctrl-q is
"quit" in most of my Linux application, in the Mac short cuts ctrl-k
is defined as smart_cutcopy, which in Mac applications is by default
an Emacs-like delete to end of line.
So, how have you changed the default keybindings? I like the simpler
short cuts that some are using for the "enclose in".
Another problem I had was that the default for "select in" is alt-s
which is shadowed by the entry for the "search"-menu. I never use
short cuts for the menu, does anybody do that? If I have to look
something up in the menu, I use the mouse.

So, please share your key_commands...

- Robert