Re: Key bindings

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 09:26:30 -0800 (PST)

Rob,

> % core/ext/menu.lua
> % "_Search"
> MENU_SEARCH_TITLE "Search"
> Removing the underscore removes the short cut - so you can use the
> "select" key command. I think this needs to be changed for the default
> version.

How so? Suggestion? I'd like to have an accelerator for every menu
that doesn't conflict with current key commands (or changing
conflicting key commands). The name of the menu can change too.

> Mitchell,
> do you disable the menu completely when you use Textadept?

Yes. There were a number of requests for a menu, so I reluctantly put
one in.

> And another question,
> you mentioned that I could have a key_commands.lua in .textadept. What
> else do I have to change to get Textadept to use this version?

I was mistaken. I have an ~/.textadept/init.lua with the following:

require 'ext/keys'
require 'ext/find'
require 'ext/command_entry'
require 'ext/mime_types'

require 'ext/pm'
require 'ext/pm/buffer_browser'
require 'ext/pm/file_browser'
require 'ext/pm/modules_browser'

require 'textadept'

--require 'ext/menu'
--require 'ext/key_commands'

-- custom key commands
package.path = '/home/mitchell/.textadept/?.lua;'..package.path
require 'key_commands'

Take care,
Mitchell