Re: Plans for the next version?

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:49:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

> Are there any plans for the next version of Textadept?

Yes. I have been out of town this past week and have lots of school
work to do, but I'm trying as best I can to get ta updated to
Scintilla 2.x. I'm aiming for 2.1 on March 1.

> My wish list:
> 1.   Lua interface for the multiple cursor / multiple selection
> feature added in the newest scintilla.

Will be there.

> 2.   Macro recording and playback.

As mentioned earlier, it was removed from a previous version. I'm sure
you can find it if you really want it. There used to be a modules/
textadept/macros.lua and an associated PM browser.

> 3.   Snippets that update as you type (I'd be willing to write this
> code once 1 is done)
> 4.   Multi-line editing that updates as you type (I have lua code that
> does this right now, but it's a hack. I can write this feature when 1
> is completed)

You'll be able to do this with 2.1.

> 5.   A specification for the proper place to put user-created scripts.

~/.textadept

Mitchell