Re: Plans for the next version?

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 10:59:53 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

> I think it would be quite important to have a clear way for changing
> things in Textadept, setting changed key commands, menu settings etc.
> from within your init.lua.

In your ~/.textadept/init.lua file, simply 'require' your key
commands, menu settings, etc. You can see in textadept's init.lua, it
checks for your ~/.textadept/init.lua; if it exists, everything
'require'd in the "if not loaded_modules" block is not loaded.

> Maybe the theme selection could be included there as well.

The theme cannot be set in ~/.textadept/init.lua due to how ta loads
(scintilla exists before ~/.textadept/init.lua is read). A Lua
function could be added to set the theme, but that just adds
complexity. A ~/.textadept/theme file is appropriate I think.

> And some
> way not to have a hardcoded path to a theme if it's not in the default
> themes folder.

Suggestions? I don't understand how this would be helpful.