Re: Plans for the next version?

From: <brian-sch....at.cox.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:30:12 -0800 (PST)

> They can go in your ~/.textadept folder and you can have an init.lua
> that require's it and all the normal require's in ta's init.lua, no?

I can, and that's what I've been doing. My question was more "modules/
editing/comments.lua vs. modules/common/comments.lua". So far I've
been adding scripts for specific languages to "modules/languagename"
and language-neutral scripts to "modules/common"

> > I'm going to have to add another one:
> > 6.   Theming. There are far too many places to specify colors. For
> > example, setting buffer.indic_fore[x] and calling
> > buffer:marker_set_back are done in the scripts themselves and not a
> > theme file. Examples from the default install would be the bookmarks
> > and the snippet marker.
>
> After 'require'ing 'modules/textadept' in your ~/.textadept/init.lua:
>
>   _m.textadept.bookmarks.MARK_BOOKMARK_COLOR = your color in hex
>   _m.textadept.lsnippets.MARK_SNIPPET_COLOR = your color in hex
>
> Theme's really only apply to lexers and buffer/view settings.

That's true from the program's point of view, but not from a user's
point of view. There should not be more than one answer to "where do I
change the colors?".