Re: The Future of the Side Pane/Project Manager

From: Brian Schott <briancsch....at.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 22:54:21 -0800

On 03/08/10 22:22, mitchell wrote:
> As for the other existing browsers: ctags and modules, both can be
> replaced. A module could be written to parse and open ctags (does
> anyone use this anyway?), for example when a line is double-clicked,
> and managing modules can (and, in my opinion, should) be done manually
> in the filesystem.

I never used Ctags because it never really worked.

> That said, I'm strongly considering removing the pane completely in a
> future version of ta.

I won't miss it so long as there's a replacement for the buffers list.
The one thing that would help the most with file management is to make a
running instance of Textadept open files from the command line.

As a side note, renaming "html" to "hypertext" in the last release was
very sneaky. It took me a few minutes to figure out why my commands.lua
was being ignored.

- Brian