Re: The Future of the Side Pane/Project Manager

From: morchel <morc....at.hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 15:41:44 -0800 (PST)

I also won't miss the side pane.

I just used it several times to create new language modules.

And for the bufferlist - I use a list (holding all open buffers)
mapped to Alt-o which is basically the same as the recent-file
list which is mapped to Alt-o per default (I remapped it to
Shift-Alt-o, as I almost never use it). That's handy and fast
if you don't have a lot of files open.

Opening files: I really would like to have some fast way to
open files (without using the mouse possibly). I was thinking
of something bash-like, but I like your idea. Reminds me to
the way gnome-do searches lists (if I did understand you
right).

by the way - is the wiki down?

Kind regards,
Martin