Re: The Future of the Side Pane/Project Manager

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 03:30:31 -0700 (PDT)

[snip]
> > You will need the latest gcocoadialog fromhttp://gcocoadialog.googlecode.com
> > and compile it into textadept. Then add the following file to your ta
> > path and 'require' it. You can use the Lua command entry to call
> > 'textadept.io.snapopen()'

Mitchel, thanks a lot! This will be very useful, might as well be nice
for selecting lexers.

> [snip]
>
> Mitchell,
>
> Could you please explain what you mean by "compile it into textadept"?
> Is the inclusion of gcocoadialog a compile/build option for Textadept?

You would have to copy a recent version of gcocoadialog files into
Textadept's src directory (into the source version of Textadept,
downloadable at the Google Code site).
http://code.google.com/p/gcocoadialog/
Note that you have to uncomment or delete the main function in
gcocoadialog.c.
However, since I already did it, I created a repo at bitbucket with
all necessary files (incl. Scintillua, Lua) - you can clone or
download:
http://bitbucket.org/rgieseke/textadept-src-snapopen/
Run "make" in src and it should work (at least on Linux). Snapopen is
mapped to Ctrl-Alt-o.

- Robert