Re: The Future of the Side Pane/Project Manager

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 11:34:35 -0700 (PDT)

> I have removed side pane support in latest hg and replaced the buffer
> browser with a filteredlist dialog as mentioned earlier. It can be
> activated with CTRL+B (windows/linux), Apple+B (osx).
>
> In order to use, you'll need the latest gcocoadialog (http://
> gcocoadialog.googlecode.com/) as of Mar 17 and recompile ta (as per
> the above instructions). Snapopen for files has not been implemented
> yet.

Thanks for the update!
Some thoughts and observations:
It is very nice that it searches for parts anywhere in the filename -
not only in the beginning (unlike the default gtk open dialog).
Would it be possible to get the bufferlist to update the selection as
typing, so that it would not be necessary to tab into the bufferlist?
So hitting enter would be enough.
Another idea: integrating this kind of dialog with the side pane. If
the side pane were only used for buffers the field at the top could be
used for filtering the list of buffers.

To others who would like to try Mitchell's changes out, I've uploaded
all recent changes here: http://bitbucket.org/rgieseke/textadept-src/
Download and run make. I also included the xcode folder.

- Robert