Re: Discovering TextAdept

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:35:50 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 12, 2:57 am, ADelmotte <espera....at.swing.be> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am discovering TextAdept and I have some questions.
>
> 1) Is it possible to have block selection and, if yes, use hte
> selected block for copy/cut/paste?

I found this in an email to this group from Mitchell (Textadept's
developer) - "Rectangular selection is Alt in Win, but Alt is eaten by
the window
manager in Linux, so it's control."

> 3) How to parameter the size and location of the window of TextAdept
> when opening.

Textadept will remember its window size and when re-opened will return
to that size. This works for me under Windows XP but I haven't tested
it under Linux. As far as setting the location I don't know if this
can be done.

> How to parameter other characteristics (font,...)

Also from an email to this group from Mitchell -
"> How to Change default
> font used in textadept?

http://caladbolg.net/luadoc/textadept2/manual/6_Startup.html
Change the font in your theme."

Just as for SciTE, you should avoid changing Textadept's own code
because your changes will be overwritten when you install a new
version. Instead, make the changes to files in your personal Textadept
directory - a directory named ".textadept" in your home directory on
Linux (for example).