Re: Discovering TextAdept

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 08:07:33 -0800 (PST)

Hi Samwyn,

> It seems to be implementable using gtk_window_move() and
> gtk_window_get_position(), and I think it should be, because on
> Windows, Maximizing window, Quitting, and Restarting TA sets the
> window partly out of the screen.

Right. Sorry for my vagueness. I chose not to implement this; that is
why I said "there is no way to set position". The problem you describe
is one we've encountered before. There was a suggestion to detect if
the window is maximized on close and save to session, but I don't want
to add the complexity to the code. The same goes for position (also, I
do believe the window manager should handle the window position, not
the application).

Mitchell