Re: Discovering TextAdept

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 10:50:19 -0700 (PDT)

On 21 Mrz., 02:02, mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert,
>
> > Thanks, I found where the underscored variables in sessions.lua came
> > from (events.lua) - in the end understanding that was my problem. I
> > tried including the x_offset position in sessions.lua, but for some
> > reason without the side pane the scrolling does not happen. (Have you
> > changed something else?) I compared with an older version, even with
> > an hidden side pane the scrolling happens. Anyway, problem
> > solved... :-)
>
> What old version? Can you manually set x_offset via the Lua command
> entry? It's possible the iface numbers do not match up when Scintilla
> was upgraded in 2.1 if it works in 2.0 and not 2.1.

Sorry - it seems I was mistaken. I was comparing version 2.1 with the
latest version without Project Manager. The view still gets scrolled
to the end of the line in the version without Project Manager, when I
leave Textadept with the cursor at the end.
However, it does not happen, when I have no Untitled buffer so
Scintilla creates one. When I then switch to the last buffer I
actually worked on, no scrolling happens. It seems to occur only for
the last opened buffer.
You can read and write buffer.x_offset. I tried in various places in
sessions.lua and events.lua to include a "buffer.x_offset = 0" but I
wasn't succesful...

- Robert