Re: TextAdept and Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6.x) not running

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:18:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Noli,

> It seems that TextAdept 2.0 and 2.1 have problem in Snow Leopard  (Mac
> OS X 10.6.x).
>
> I got this error:
>
> ...stop/textadept.app/Contents/Resource/core/init.lua:7:attempt to
> concatenate a nil value

The HOME environment variable is not exported by your shell. Normally
it is set by 'export HOME=/Users/username'. I didn't have any issues
when I used OSX, but maybe it changed recently?

> I tried to compile / build from the source both 10.5 and 10.6 in Xcode
> 3.2 (64 bit)
>
>   Version:      3.2 (10A432)
>   Location:     /Developer
>   Applications:
>   Xcode:        3.2 (1610)
>   Interface Builder:    3.2 (732)
>   Instruments:  2.0 (1095)
>   Dashcode:     3.0 (328)
>   SDKs:
>   Mac OS X:
>   10.4: (8S2167)
>   10.5: (9J61)
>   10.6: (10A432)
>
> I got one 1 error in AE/AERegistry.h
>
> Contains:   AppleEvents Registry Interface.
>
> Version:    AppleEvents-496~1
>
> The error is: ! Redefination of "struct Sci_TextRange" in
>
> struct TextRange {
>   SInt32              fStart;
>   SInt32              fEnd;
>   SInt16              fHiliteStyle;
>
> };

You need the SCI_NAMESPACE flag enabled.

> I hope this info offers how to solve this problem in Snow Leopard. I
> know that textadept mac os x binary is only for leopard.

It may actually work for SL as well. The error you described is a Lua
one, not a C/GTK one.

Mitchell