Re: TextAdept and Snow Leopard (Mac OS X 10.6.x) not running

From: Noli Sicad <nsi....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:48:46 +1100

Hi Mitchell,

I am new to Mac OS X.

In 10.5.8 (Leopard) there is no problem.

> The HOME environment variable is not exported by your shell. Normally
> it is set by 'export HOME=/Users/username'. I didn't have any issues
> when I used OSX, but maybe it changed recently?

I am using root as user. Would 'export HOME= /root' did not work?
Still got the same errors.

This is separate problem (below). I thought compiling the source would work

>> I tried to compile / build from the source both 10.5 and 10.6 in Xcode
>> 3.2 (64 bit)
>>

> You need the SCI_NAMESPACE flag enabled.

Again, I am new to Mac OS X as user and using Xcode. How you enable
"SCI_NAMESPACE flag" and where is the "SCI_NAMESPACE" located.

>> I hope this info offers how to solve this problem in Snow Leopard. I
>> know that textadept mac os x binary is only for leopard.
>
> It may actually work for SL as well. The error you described is a Lua
> one, not a C/GTK one.

Yes, the lua problem is using the binary that I downloaded from
textadept website, leopard and I tried to use it in SL.

Thanks again.

Noli