Some questions

From: gummybears <oracle....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 10:32:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am new to the textadept editor and to Lua, and I would like to learn
how to use lexers and snippets for Tex (not Latex, but ConText), Ruby
and Ruby on Rails. I installed textadept 2.1 on Ubuntu 9.10 in my user
directory (/home/username/textadept). I read the user manual, the wiki
pages, the Lua doc.

I moved some of the ''unused" lexers to clean up the Lexers menu.
Started textadept and selected modules
from the left pane. Right clicked the pane to create a new module
named Tex. This creates a directory
under textadept/modules named tex and some files (init.lua ...)
Now I open the snippets.lua file (looked at the other snippets files)
and inserted a simple snippet called p,
to insert some static text.

Restarted the editor and selected a tex file to test my snippet. In
the editor I typed p and hit the TAB key
to test if my snippet works. But nothing happens. I know snippets
should work, as I created a dummy cpp file
where the p shortcut results in the text print(%0)

I know, as I am a new textadept user, I am doing something wrong
(probably a lot).
Hope someone can help.