Re: Sizing of Textadept's window on startup

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:31:27 -0700 (PDT)

Russell,

> I know from reading TA's web page that one of its goals is to start up
> as quickly as possible, and that to do this only core modules are
> loaded before the window is displayed. What I find when TA is loading
> though, is that the window appears and *then* responds to requests
> (specified in configuration files) to set the window to a specific
> size and set the project manager/sidebar to a width of 0. When I run
> TA on a fairly powerful PC this results in some "flicker", for want of
> a better word. I wonder if the display of TA's window might be delayed
> just a little longer to take into account configuration options which
> might affect its appearance?

This is not possible. If the window was shown after init.lua loads, it
wouldnt be displayed until everything (including the session) is
loaded. The startup time would be slow in this case. If you wish to
make the changes on your own, add gtk_window_show_all(window) et. al.
from the end of create_ui() to textadept.c's main() after
l_load_script("init.lua") and delete the code from create_ui(). Then
recompile.

Mitchell