Re: Problem with reloading of a session's files

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 18:44:01 -0700 (PDT)

Russell,

> I often edit files contained on a USB key (obviously for portability
> reasons). Today I started TA and as configured, it loads each of the
> files listed in the session. However one of these files was contained
> on a USB key which is no longer plugged into the PC. Instead of TA
> simply not loading this file, or giving an error message that the file
> can't be loaded, an empty editor window is created, with the path and
> filename of the file which *was* on the USB key when TA was last quit.
>
> I believe this to be a bug but I wanted to be sure before reporting it
> as such.

This is expected behavior. If you were using a file->open dialog and
typed the name of a nonexistant file, that file would be created. It
is a shortcut to creating a new file, file->save_as, navigate to the
folder, type the filename, ... too much.

You do bring up an interesting issue in that if session files are not
found, the file is created instead of a notification being brought up.
I would think someone seeing an empty buffer would be alerted that the
file doesn't exist, but is a notification necessary? Thoughts anyone?

Mitchell