Re: How to disable autocompletion of quotes, brackets etc?

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:56:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 24, 2:22 pm, mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> > Cool! Now that I worked out why a personal init.lua file wasn't
> > working for me I have the following lines just before the init.lua's
> > final "end" statement -
>
> >   -- Personal customisations/configuration options
> >   -- Hide the Project Manager (AKA sidebar) by settings its width to 0
> >   textadept.pm.width = 0
> >   require 'modules/bufferutils' -- buffer utilities
> >   -- Don't insert the matching bracket, apostrophe, etc when one is
> > typed
> >   _m.textadept.editing.AUTOPAIR = false
>
> > The AUTOPAIR statement doesn't look to have taken effect because I'm
> > still getting apostrophes, brackets etc being automatically inserted
> > when I type just one in.
>
> > Have I misunderstood the instructions as to what is to go where?
>
> No you haven't. It's a bug; how embarassing...

Mitchell,

You have nothing to be embarrassed about. Textadept is a great
product, built on other great products. Instead you can be proud of
your work, even more proud that others agree that it's a worthwhile
product and choose to use it.

So there's a little bug where a configuration option isn't working as
expected. In the scheme of things that's a minor point indeed.

Regards,

Russell Dickenson