Is scrolling in TA slow for you or is it just me?

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 15:47:00 -0700 (PDT)

When I scroll line-by-line in TA I find that it is slower to update
the edit pane's contents, when compared with editors such as gedit
(running on the same hardware). IIUC TA has implemented lexers in Lua
(as well as a most of its other functionality). This is an obvious
difference between gedit and TA and may explain the difference in
scrolling.

Moving the caret through the window, performance is the same as for
gedit. It's when the caret is at the bottom of the window and the
contents need to be updated that the update lag is noticeable.

Is there anything I might do to improve the situation? Perhaps there's
a configuration option that I am not aware of that might help?

Regards,

Russell Dickenson