Re: Why does the title bar contain the file's name twice?

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 13:51:45 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 29, 1:41 am, mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Russell,
>
> > I just noticed that Textadept displays the name of the "active" file
> > twice in its titlebar and I wonder why? I could understand if the
> > file's name was displayed, then "Textadept", then the file's path,
> > since this would allow the user to confirm that they had the right
> > file open (assuming they had several files of the same name). Is there
> > are a reason why Textadept does this?
>
> The title bar displays just what you said it should: name, textadept,
> path.
>
> e.g. foo.lua - Textadept (/tmp/foo.lua)
>
> Am I not understanding correctly? Maybe a screenshot would help. It's
> possible the path is not set correctly, resulting in (foo.lua) to be
> displayed. If so, I think it's a bug.
>
> Mitchell

Mitchell,

Sorry I ignored bug reporting rule #1 - provide examples to illustrate
your point. :)

If I understand correctly, Textadept's title bar is displaying just
what it's intended to display -

e.g. foo.lua - Textadept (/tmp/foo.lua)

as per your example.

I don't understand why it's necessary to repeat the file's name -
"foo.lua" in the title bar?

Regards,

Russell Dickenson