Re: Why does the title bar contain the file's name twice?

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 14:34:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 31, 7:22 am, mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Russell,
>

> > If I understand correctly, Textadept's title bar is displaying just
> > what it's intended to display -
>
> > e.g. foo.lua - Textadept (/tmp/foo.lua)
>
> > as per your example.
>
> > I don't understand why it's necessary to repeat the file's name -
> > "foo.lua" in the title bar?
>
> /path/to/ridiculously/long/file/name/that/cannot/fit/in/the/title/bar/
> but/you/have/many/files/in/this/directory/open
>
> :)
>
> Likely? No. But you get the idea.
>
> Mitchell

Mitchell,

Again I should have been more specific. :) I agree with putting the
file's name first in the titlebar, for the very reason you mentioned.
However I wonder why the last item includes the file's name again?
Surely it would be sufficient to mention the path? I guess it's a
little more easily understood, rather than having the file name and
path in two parts and requiring the user to concatenate the two. I
guess I can see both sides, and this question was raised mainly to
confirm if there was a specific reason for the current configuration,
rather than being a request to change it.

Regards,

Russell Dickenson