How to open selection/current file in web browser?

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 18:40:27 -0700 (PDT)

Having read about someone's recent changes to menu.lua to have
Textadept's manual etc loaded in the user's preferred web browser, it
got me thinking. :)

Since I often edit HTML files, which themselves often contain URLs,
I'd like to have an option in Textadept to load either the current
selected text, or the currently active file, loaded in the user's
default web browser. At a guess I need to write a custom menu item and/
or keypress, either of which activate a module, the "guts" of which I
could borrow from the open_webpage menu option in menu.lua.

Does this sound like a reasonable approach?

Regards,

Russell Dickenson