Re: Request for a "Rewrap paragraph" function

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 22:30:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 9, 4:47 pm, Brian Schott <briancsch....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/08/10 20:37, phayz wrote:
>
> > On Apr 8, 3:33 pm, "briancsch....at.gmail.com" <briancsch....at.gmail.com>
> > wrote:
>
> >> Uploaded. This new version fixes several bugs.
>
> >>http://caladbolg.net/textadeptwiki/index.php?n=Main.Linewrap
>
> > Brian,
>
> > It's your friendly neighbourhood dummy here. How do I enable this
> > function/module?
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Russell Dickenson
>
> The same way all the other functions bound to key presses are enabled.
> See also:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMTrthePKU0
>
> Kidding. Ignore Fred and do this:
>
> 1)
> Place it somewhere in .textadept. Preferably modules/common/. If you put
> it elsewhere, change the package declaration on line 27.
>
> 2)
> "require" the module somewhere in your ~/.textadept/init.lua (Or a file
> required by it. I have an init.lua in ~/.textadept/modules/common that
> has require statements for all modules in that folder.)
>
> 3)
> Add something like this to your key_commands.lua if you want this
> function available globally:
> -- Linewrap
> local m_wrap = _m.common.wrap
> keys.ch = { m_wrap.wrap_lines }
>
> - Brian

OK - I have finally decided to bang my bare head against the next
available brick wall.

I copied and pasted the following lines into my local key_commands.lua
file but get the following message when Textadept is started:

Lines added to key_commands.lua:
-- Line wrap
local m_wrap = _m.common.wrap
keys.ch = { m_wrap.wrap_lines }

Error message:
"...ents and Settings\rudick/.textadept/key_commands.lua:8: attempt to
index field 'common' (a nil value)"

I have looked at the key_commands.lua file which comes with Textadept
but I can't quite make sense of what I am doing wrong. Can anyone
provide guidance?

- Russell