Re: Request for a "Rewrap paragraph" function

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 05:43:56 -0700 (PDT)

On Apr 23, 3:50 pm, Brian Schott <briancsch....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> Just to confirm, you followed step 2, right?
>

> On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 10:30 PM, phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The same way all the other functions bound to key presses are enabled.
> > > See also:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMTrthePKU0
>
> > > Kidding. Ignore Fred and do this:
>
> > > 1)
> > > Place it somewhere in .textadept. Preferably modules/common/. If you put
> > > it elsewhere, change the package declaration on line 27.
>
> > > 2)
> > > "require" the module somewhere in your ~/.textadept/init.lua (Or a file
> > > required by it. I have an init.lua in ~/.textadept/modules/common that
> > > has require statements for all modules in that folder.)
>
> > > 3)
> > > Add something like this to your key_commands.lua if you want this
> > > function available globally:
> > > -- Linewrap
> > > local m_wrap = _m.common.wrap
> > > keys.ch = { m_wrap.wrap_lines }
>
> > > - Brian
>
> > OK - I have finally decided to bang my bare head against the next
> > available brick wall.
>
> > I copied and pasted the following lines into my local key_commands.lua
> > file but get the following message when Textadept is started:
>
> > Lines added to key_commands.lua:
> > -- Line wrap
> > local m_wrap = _m.common.wrap
> > keys.ch = { m_wrap.wrap_lines }
>
> > Error message:
> > "...ents and Settings\rudick/.textadept/key_commands.lua:8: attempt to
> > index field 'common' (a nil value)"
>
> > I have looked at the key_commands.lua file which comes with Textadept
> > but I can't quite make sense of what I am doing wrong. Can anyone
> > provide guidance?
>
> > - Russell

Brian,

I certainly followed step 2 but possibly not correctly. I ought to
start with a much simpler question - what does the "ch" key sequence
mean? From my understanding, it represents Control+h, but I have tried
this key sequence and nothing happens.

I think after this I still stop trying to tweak Textadept. It's quite
clear to me that I simply don't understand how it all "hangs
together."

Regards,

Russell Dickenson