Re: Request for a "Rewrap paragraph" function

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 20:59:34 +0200

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 2:43 PM, phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> I certainly followed step 2 but possibly not correctly. I ought to
> start with a much simpler question - what does the "ch" key sequence
> mean? From my understanding, it represents Control+h, but I have tried
> this key sequence and nothing happens.
>
> I think after this I still stop trying to tweak Textadept. It's quite
> clear to me that I simply don't understand how it all "hangs
> together."
>

> Regards,
>
> Russell Dickenson

Russell, don't give up! It took a me a long time to figure out how
Textadept worked (and there are still lots of things I don't
understand). If something doesn't work, try something simpler.
For example, can you use another of Brian's modules in modules/common,
can you assign keys.ch to a simple "textadept.print("test"), this
approach helped me to learn about Textadept. And reading up on Lua. I
started to read "Programming in Lua" more seriously, instead of just
looking up things as I needed them. This is something I probably shoud
have done earlier.