Spam on the wiki

From: Robert <ro....at.web.de>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 02:24:05 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I was about to upload the "load file in browser" snippet to the Wiki -
as I saw that the spammers have attacked the sidepane...
It seems one of advantage of using an obscure (yet beautiful and
minimalistic) Lua wiki is that there are no automated spam attacks.
Maybe it would be better to switch to a hosted solution. I'd rather
not see Mitchell wasting time with Captcha plugins for PmWiki,
fighting Spam etc.
Could the Googlecode-Wiki be used? Github and Bitbucket offer Wiki
functionality as well (though I have no experience any of these) Any
other ideas/alternatives?

I reverted one change (but I couldn't find the link for the side pane)
but this will certainly become tedious...

- Robert