Re: How to list keyboard shortcuts?

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 19:17:56 -0700 (PDT)

Russell,

On Apr 6, 5:21 pm, phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com> wrote:
> I have searched this group for similar questions but didn't find the
> answer I was looking for. Textadept is, of course, very configurable
> and this is why I am keen to use it. Keyboard shortcuts are
> configurable and can be configured from within modules etc that may be
> downloaded from the wiki or elsewhere. For easy reference I wonder if
> there is a way to have Textadept produce a list of all keyboard
> shortcuts and their associated functions? Of course this may not be
> very easily understood (depending upon functions' names) but it's
> better than nothing. If I understand correctly, the information I'm
> seeking is in a global table named "keys". Is it easy enough to dump
> the contents of this table to standard output, or (perhaps even
> better) a buffer created for the purpose?

This is not possible the way you would like. Lua functions are stored
as pointers, so printing the contents of a key's table would just give
you a mem address like 0x012345, not a function name. Thus a readable
version of _G.keys cannot be printed. Best to reference
key_commands.lua, or better yet, write a script to parse and present
it :)

Mitchell