Is it OK to use 'compile' and 'run' for hypertext documents?

From: phayz <russelldicken....at.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 15:01:17 -0700 (PDT)

In browsing Textadept's source code - specifically "run.lua" I
discovered the customisation options for the 'run' and 'compile' menu
options. I wonder if these could be applied to hypertext documents?
For example, the 'compile' option could run the Tidy utility, which
checks the validity of the document, and the 'run' option could open
the document in the user's default web browser. I know that someone
recently contributed code for the "open active buffer in user's
default web browser" function. My hope is that the Tidy utility's
messages could be output to the message buffer and errors on specific
lines would allow the user to double click on the message and be taken
to the line in which the warning or error occurs. If I understand
"run.lua" correctly, this behaviour is native for the 'compile' option
for files in various languages.

Of course anything's possible - particularly with Textadept (:P) - but
my main reason for asking was to check if this as an "abuse" of these
options. Might there be some sort of horrible side effect in using
'compile' in the way I'm thinking of using it?

Regards,

Russell Dickenson