Re: Contributing to Textadept

From: mitchell <mforal.n....at.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 08:11:08 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

> I recently read this article on contributing to open source projects,http://brad.livejournal.com/2409049.html
> Occasionally the question popped up on the mailing list, whether
> something is a bug or not and whether to use the issue tracker or the
> mailing list for feature requests, like here:
>
> >> do you prefer to see new features being suggested and discussed here
> >> or as issues on Google Code?
>
> >Here would be best. It's easier to discuss and would involve more
> >others, as they would have to peruse the issue list for features to
> >comment on, etc.
>
> >-Mitchell;
>
> In the past I've send Mitchell files, posted on Bitbucket, pasted here
> on the mailing list... I don't know what works best for you, Mitchell.

I don't really care how patches are submitted. I don't usually apply
them directly so it takes just as much time to pull from bitbucket,
decipher a diff posted to the list, or view changes from submitted
file in Meld.

> Maybe it would be helpful to include your preferred options on the
> Google Code page.http://code.google.com/p/flot/is an example of what
> I'm talking about.
> Btw, I like the new screenshot! May I suggest making it much bigger or
> only a little bigger and adding screenshots of the other two platforms
> next to it? So more around 600px wide in total?
> Maybe adding "Manual - More Screenshots" or something similar under
> the screenshot as a link would be useful as well?

I think it's easier to just have a single screenshot link to the
manual with many more shots. It's less work too :) My thoughts are
that one screenshot would pique interest and leads to viewing them
all, so I'm not sure making them larger in size or putting more on is
necessary.

Thanks for thinking of me!

Mitchell